Mar 7, 2011

Mar 7, 2011

So this week was a very awesome week.  I was able to attend another Leadership Training meeting.  You know how I love those things!  They changed it up this time and improved it by getting us involved in the teaching.  I hate to be put on the spot but it wasn't as bad as I thought.  I really enjoyed it, plus the spirit is always soooo strong there.  Also, we were able to teach Clark Valerie, our first investigator in the Baltimore Singles area and he's progressing nicely.  In fact he was able to introduce one of his friends, Jason Headrick, who is now our new investigator.  Clark hasn't come to the full knowledge that what we are teaching him are true but has felt the spirit everytime we've met with him and feels that others should hear it.  In turn, he is inviting all of his friends to come and meet with us with him.  What a great missionary and experience we are all having.  That's why I love the gospel. 
 
I believe I mentioned to you about another person we met, Corrine Stanely.  I may or may not have mentioned about her.  Anyway, she is a 60 year old woman that we meet over a month ago knocking on doors.  She allowed us to come in and has some reservations when we talked about Christ's Church being restored on the earth again.  She is an avid Bible reader, not a scholar, but loves to hear the "word" and apply it in her life as much as possible.  She has wonderful relationship with our Father in Heaven and has reached a point where she can easily identify the spirit.  Because of that it was easy for her to feel the truth of our message.  We gave her a pamphlet to read about the restoration.  After reading it a few times she felt the spirit confirm that what we had was something she needed.  We met with her once after that where she told us of her spiritual experience from reading the Restoration Pamphlet and asked us how she could get a copy of the "mormon bible".  Needless to say she was ecstatic to receive a free copy from us.  She's been reading it every night since she's gotten it. 
 
Then this sunday she woke up and called us to find our what time our services started. We told her and eagerly waited to see if she was really going to show up.  She faced some challenges on the way to church, namely her family and friends telling her she needs to stay away from the mormon cult, and other things that kind of frightened her.  But she prayed and asked God and her answer was that she won't know until she show's up to church.  She came and Everything taught answered every question she had.  She said she knows now that this is Christ church! Amazing!  It has been a wonderful experience meeting with her and going through these miraculous experiences.  Unfortunately we are not her missionaries so she is officially handed over to her missionaries.  I'm going to miss her a lot but as long as she is set on the right path I know I shall see her again! 
 
More great things are going to be coming and I can feel it!  I hope you are all doing well.  I love you and I will talk to you all next week!

--
Elder Jesse-James K. F. Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment