Jan 18, 2011

The New Area and Companion - January 18th, 2011

Soooo the new area I am serving in is the Baltimore Singles Ward!  I'm so excited to be here. It is a new area that President Belliston decided to open up and we, Elder Savage and I, get the priviledge to open it!  We work with only young single adults which is very different from what I am used to working with, and we tend to street contact around the universities.  It's been a bit of a challenge so far because single people our age are not very interested in religion.  They are very much into the world and career driven.  But that's okay.  The Lord opened this area because he knows the potential of it and we are determined to do our best to help it along as fast and as much as we can.  Elder Savage is from Applevalley, CA.  He is 24 years old and has a very good head on his shoulders.  We have almost the same story except he never strayed from the church but willingly made the decision to serve and I am very grateful for it!  He is very driven and very smart and we get along well.  Currently we are living with the assistants to the president (AP's) because our apartment is not fully furnished at the moment.  It will be about a week or two before we end up moving in. I'm very happy where I have been placed and the situation I am currently in right now.  I truly feel my spiritually growing and I am learning lots.
My district is very interesting.  One of the elders in my district used to be the district leader here and I am hoping he isn't holding any grudges against me.  I knew him before and liked him alot.  But he hardly says a thing in district meeting.  hmmm...oh well.  I'll be going on exchanges with him soon. Hopefully I can show him how much I love him and am willing to be of service.  I love everyone in my district and we have many personalities in it but we have a lot of work to do to be our best! 
Alrighty then, I hope you have a blessed rest of the year. 
Elder Jesse James Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment