Feb 27, 2012

Feb 27, 2012

Sorry I haven't been writing.  Our p-days have been filled with appointments that we weren't able to spend much time on the computer.  Literally only have 30 minutes so I use it to write to President and read emails. Sorry. I feel really bad. I haven't even been able to really write back to my parents.  Anyway, things going great.  Missionaries giving me headaches when they don't want to push harder and strive to do better.  And my contacts are killing me! hahaha.  But really, things are going well.  I'm having a blast in Monocacy, Frederick, MD.   We had two wonderful baptisms the past two weeks and yesterday we had a stake conference broadcast from SLC with one of the speakers being Elder Scott. He gave a great talk on the sanctity of womanhood.  He's awesome. We had a nonmember come late, just for the last hour of it. There was absolutely no room for them to sit and watch so they stayed in the foyer and just listened.  The non-member said he just loved his voice. It was soothing and she felt peaceful.  She loved the talk about the importance of women and how they should act and be treated.  She especially needed to hear that because her mom, a less-active member, is not the greatest example of how a woman should act, just up and leaving her kids behind for drugs and alcohol.  He dad is struggling but isn't the best example of how one should treat their spouse or daughter.  We got to talk with her after the conference and invited her to investigate and she vigorously nodded her head and said yes, I definitely want to.  We are excited to teach her, unfortunately we can only meet with her once a week because the rest of the week she stays with her father.  We would send the missionaries over to her there but the dad right now is not open to any members of the church in his home.  We'll see what we can do about it!  Anyway, that's whats been going on so far. My crazy 21 year old comp has personality and energy x20!  Can you imaging that!  When he's calm we get along well. haha But that happens rarely! haha.  It all good though. We came out together from the mtc. I love em.  Well I hope you all are doing well.  Tell me the scoops on your end!
Elder Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment