Mar 5, 2012

March 5, 2012

So today was a great p-day after a long week!  Boy the mission is just great! hehe.  It really is though, otherwise I wouldn't be so depressed to leave.  Let me give you another examples of how great sharing the gospel really is!  Today we went on a 5 mile hike. We kinda got lost on the trail so we may have hike more than 5 miles.  Let me just tell you it took 5 hours! AHHHH. But I feel so good. Anyway, an investigator from Mt Airy took us on this hike. With the Mt. Airy district we hiked to the top and ate lunch and then came back down. There was beautiful scenery. At the top we could overlook all of the town of Sugarloaf.  We could even hear our echo as we talked.  So we decided to sing some hymns.  Mrs. Mack loved it! She totally felt the spirit. On the way back down from the top we had really great discussions about the gospel. We each had the opportunity to explain our conversion story (how we came to know the book of mormon was true and how we know that the gospel of jesus christ has been restored on the earth again), share our best experiences on the mission, and answer many questions she had.  She just loved it and so did we.  She wanted to do it again!  Needless to say we are tired, both physically and spiritually. 
 
My goodness gracious!  This gospel is TRUE! It is the best thing that has ever happened to me in my life, knowing that it is true!  It has given me the most happiness and joy in my life and I will never ever give it up for anything!  ANYTHING! Mom, dad, brothers, sisters, cousins and friends, this gospel is true and if you don't know that it is, find out! Read the book of mormon with sincerity, desiring to know that it is true.  Ponder its messages of Jesus Christ.  Pray and ask God to know that it is true.  He will tell you in your mind and in your heart.  Then live it! Live his gospel! And share it with others!  It will be the best thing you will ever do. I know it!  You will not have anything better than to the knowledge that God and Jesus Christ loves you and that they have called a prophet on the earth today. They give us guidance through a living prophet today.  That you can receive happiness in this life. Happiness that you have never experienced before.  And you can receive an assurance that you will return to live with Him again in the next life with you family for all eternity.  If you choose not to find out you are refusing the greatest gift the Lord wants to give you.  I love you all and hope you are doing great.  You are all so awesome and I will be seeing you soon.  Forgive me if I'm a little awkward and different when i get back. ;) I love you!
 
Elder Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment