Jul 19, 2010

Trials & Blessings in the Mission Field

June 19th Letter from Elder Watson:

Hey everybody!
So I just have to tell you what's been going on here. So far, I've been meeting many of the investigators and members of the ward and area. We have some great investigators establised and the members of the ward are all so awesome, so sweet, funny, full of faith and life. We never go a day w/o being fed so we save a lot of money. Plus, we don't need to cook. We then get to spend most of our much needed time doing missionary work. So my Companion Elder McMaster is just the best. He works so hard and is just the greatest example of a missionary. I'm so blessed to have him as my companion and to be in such a fruitful area..
So from the time I got here to now, only bad things seemed to be happening. Things like a a less active member breaking into tears while I was teaching her (her mom is ill and is frustrated over this), an investigator with a baptsimal date cancelled and totally dropped us, and to top it off a member was killed. None of these were directly my fault but still, they're all happening within the first three days of my being here. But today! Today we taught six people ( almost unheard of in this mission)and even though we lost one investigator we gained one today. It was awesome. Elder McMaster said that whenever we lose or drop an investigator that isn't or no longer wants to progress the Lord will bless us with another and sure enough, He did!

Missionary work is so hard and sometimes discouraging, but I know that as I am exactly obedient to the Lords commandments and as I try my hardest the Lord will bless us. I have already begun to see that for myself. There are many, many more things that I can do better and know that as I improve the Lord will bless us even more . I hope I can 'reap' as many blessing as are ready.

I want you to know that missionary work isn't only for full time missionaries. "(We are) disciples of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. (We) have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life!" We are so blessed to know that there is a way to return to our Father in Heaven and live with him, as a family together forever in a state of never-ending happiness. It is our dutry to share it with those who don't have it and might be looking for it. More importantly, it is a blessing to share it with others. How great shall be your joy save you bring one soul unto Christ. I pray you will all have the opportuny to share the gospel w/ someone ..everyone and receive all the blessings that come with it. I love you all and encourage each of you to 'open you mouth' and share the gospel. 3 Nephi 5:13 "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." I hope you are doing well. I miss each and everyone of you so much. Malama pono & God be with you!
Aloha Nui- Elder Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment