Nov 7, 2011

Nov 7, 2011

Hi Everybody!!
Dad- Thanks for your email.  You'll have to tell me what was good in the Stake Conference. I'd love to hear what was talked about.  It's great to hear that the Hee's are sending yet another missionary out.  We definitely need him!  I loved Elder Hollands talk in the Priesthood session calling out recruits for the spiritual war we are battling!  These are the last days and we need to help our saviour gather in his children like a hen gathers her chicks.  Anyway, It's good to hear that Amber and Jayren was able to make it to church. Amber and Jay, did you like it?  Learn anything new?  I hope so. Tell me about it as soon as you can. Well thanks for the update Dad.
So this week was a difficult week.  I don't know the area very well and I love my new companion but I think he's a bit frustrated that things are moving as quick as he would like.  He just came from a very productive area and is on fire!  But my lack of knowlege with the area is slowing down the work a bit.  So I'm working extra hard to get things into shape on my end!  Its making me push harder and stress a bit but its good.  I need to be pushed every now and then.  Help me stretch my limits.  This week is going to be much better.  I really feel great about the end of the year.  We are so close to the goal we've set for ourselves and I really hope to achieve it!  With increase faith and diligence the Lord will definitely help us to reach this goal. 
I've started to read the Book of Mormon again and I just love it.  Still finding more and more great insights and being taught a lot.  Finding a lot that pertains to the importance of parents and families....hmmm...I shouldn't be thinking of stuff like that yet but it just keeps coming?  Maybe it's for a future investigator. At least I hope. 
My new companions name is Elder Christensen, From Centerville, Utah.  Interesting fellow for sure but such a great missionary!  He comes from a family of 6 and he is the fourth child.  He has been out in the mission for a little over a year now and came out with the first missionary I trained, Elder Chandia.  Right now we have it good.  We just got a new district leader in our zone. His name is Elder Weeks. I made mention of him before, I'm sure.  He is a spanish missionary and he and his trainee (yep he's training for the second time in his 6 month in the mission and is district leading) live with us.  He's so awesome and I love serving with and around him. He's from California and we click really well.  I think I just get along with most Californians! (ie: Elder McMaster, Elder Cragun, Elder Weeks.)  They are definitely going to be lifelong friends.  Anyway, our zone is filled with great missionaries and our responsibility as zone leaders is to help each missionary achieve their fullest potential!  What a great responsibility.  I don't even think I know how to achieve my full potential!  haha.  It's fun so far as a zone leader.  But there are not so fun times as well, like teaching zone conference!  We are doing that tomorrow.  Luckily I don't have to teach it myself.  Any, it's really not all that bad. I love being able to serve in the capacity that I am.  I want to make the best of it for sure.
Alright, other than that not much happening on my end.  You'll all have to update me on how it's going on your end.  I love you and thank you for the letters I've been getting.  Jevin thanks for your letters and Angie and Ashley.  Amber and Jay, are you mia?  I haven't heard from you in ages!  Write me.  Tara and Cody, I love you and you'll have to update me on halloween and what not!  And mom and dad, keep up the great work.  Be safe and take care of yourselves.  I love you and will hear from you next week......I hope.
Elder Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment