Aug 30, 2010

Bringing More Sheep into the Fold

Monday, August 30, 2010

Hey everyone!!!! So...... These past two weeks have been absolutely wonderful as you may know because six people, two families, have made the decision to join the fold of God by being baptized. Both services were absolutely beautiful and spiritual. I had the opportunity to baptize Bryan Mauerman and Lauren Porter (Dawn Mauermans two kids) and do the confirmation for Lauren. It was such a great blessing to be able to do both ordinances. The sad part was that Elder McMaster, who originally was supposed to baptize all three, was not able to make it to the baptism. He was definitely bummed as were the rest of us but saddness could not last. The Mauermans were baptized and it was a joyous occassion.

It's hard for me to express the great joy that I felt at the two baptisms and just being part of their conversion. Each family is doing really well, the ward is doing a great job at taking them under their wings and fellow-shipping them. They have become very involved in the church and the whole ward has a new spirit about them. Something about new converts that bring the joy and life back into a ward. I'm soooo happy to be doing this wonderful work. I'm grateful to be able to be an instrument in Gods hands to help those on their journey to find their way back to God. I have to say that I'm am extremely exhausted but the Lord is sustaining me day by day.
The work out here seems to be at a halt for now but I have lots of faith that things wont stay like this for long. We are currently trying to think of new ways to find people and motiviate our wonderful ward to participate as well.
I hope all of you are doing well. Thank you for all your love, support, and especially your prayers. I miss all of you and as you to continue to look out for spiritual moments daily. As we search the scriptures, fervently pray, and diligently keep the commandments the Lord will bless us. Try to Recognize them each day and give thanks to Him. He loves us, He lives, and he has provided us a way for us to know how to return to live with Him again. It is through the restored gospel of Jesus Christ only found in His Church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know this to be true with all my heart. These things I say in the name of our Lord and Saviour, our elder brother, our friend, Jesus Christ, Amen.
Elder Jesse James Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment