Oct 25, 2010

Meeting Elder Chandia



Monday, October 25, 2010



Hi everybody!!
I'm doing well and so is Elder Chandia. He is a great missionary and I feel I have to do little training with him. He's good with teaching and following the spirit and has a very likable personality so he gets along well with the members of the church and our investigators that we currently are teaching. It makes it a whole lot easier as a district leader as well. We just now need to make our area the example for the rest of our district to follow. Currently we are a pretty bad example. But I feel good things coming up in the future for us.

We are working really hard with this investigator, Jose Deleon, and feel that he will progress quickly towards baptism. We meet with him more than once a week and he keeps all the commitments we give him. He's such a wonderful kid, I just hope his parents allow him to get baptized. They don't have too much of a like for us. They aren't mean but they've had bad experiences with Mormon missionaries in the past. We are also working with another young boy who is very interested in religion. Only 14 and very good at recognizing the spirit. He and his sister, who's only 7, have been meeting with us. Their mother is a single parent and works all day but is fine and comfortable with us teaching them. We hope to get the mom involved soon. That would help so much in their conversion.

We are desperately trying to get the members involved once again but because of the holidays coming up things are so hectic. Surprisingly I haven't been too stressed as I anticipated I would be. I feel strongly that the Lord is preparing ways for us to accomplish the goals we have set for ourselves and as a mission. I so very much love being a missionary and feel that I have grown so much in the past 5 months. I can't wait to see what else is in store for me and the people of Maryland. I hope you are all doing great! I love you all and miss you but I know that the Lord is watching over each of you. Please be alert to his promptings and guidance. I know that God loves each of us and wants us to be happy but we can't achieve that happiness if we aren't listening what he's trying to tell us. Once again I love you all. Take great care and God bless.
Elder Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment